June 9, 2016
As we all probably know this month is LGBT pride month. We are celebrating LGBT history, It is this month that we talk about what happen during the marriage inequality. we do answer where we are today if it’s not for the people who sacrifice in order for us to live our life as it is. so I am here to discuss three major events that happened in LGBT history.
- Stonewall uprising- Stonewall was not the first uprising of the gay movement, it was the major one though because it was broadcast all over the america. In the early morning of June 28, 1969, there have been rioting at a gay bar own by the mafia, The police raided the bar, but gay men and women fought back, The next day the cops come again, but the LGBT people fought hard.
- AIDS epidemic- The AIDS epidemic is the hardest thing that happened to LGBT people particularly gay men.Because of the erasure of the gay community, by people like President Ronald Reagan who never spoken about the AIDS epidemic until the late 80’s
3. The election and assignation of Harvey Milk- Harvey Milk is the first openly gay state supervisor. He was a true leader. But after only a year of he was assented by former state supervisor Dan White.
4. Lawrence Vs. Texas case 2003- This is in my opinion is the most important case in LGBT history, because when you can not legalise some that is illegal to begin with. i.e. same sex marriage. It came one year before Massachusetts became the the first to legalise marriage between two people of the same gender.
5. Marriage equality -2015., Obergafell vs Hudges, this is the happiest case in gay history, This is the culmination of four and a half decades of fighting for recognition. Recognition of Life and Love from Stonewall onwards.
So this are five events that change the corse of a generation. What are your favourite LGBT events Tweet me @joaquinwrites. Please you may not forget them….